Create a Visual Pursuits Account
Our new website is https://napfs.org and is hosted by Visual Pursuits (https://www.visualpursuits.com).
Before submitting a photo, you must have a visualpursuits account and you must be a member of NAPfS on the visualpursuits.com website. Once you have an account, you control all your photos. You can upload your photo to the website, edit them, submit them to competitions, create galleries, add to existing galleries, and even delete them.
To get an account (it is free, but you have to pay for NAPfS membership), do the following:
- Go to https://napfs.org
- Press the “Login” button on the upper right.
- Scroll down to the area labeled “Create an Account”
- Click on “Membership Information and Membership Request”/
- In the “Create and Account” area, click on “Create a new User Account”. You can watch the video first if you like.
- Select a login name and click “Next”.
- Enter your information.
- Request membership in the North Austin Pfotographic Society.
- Your membership will be granted as soon as one of the administrators sees the request. Usually, this is fairly quick.
You can compete at three levels: “basic”, “intermediate”, or “advanced”. These correspond to our classes 1, 2, and 3. If you’ve received an award for any past competitions or if you’ve been asked to move to a higher class, you will be placed into that level/class.
When you first create an account, your competition level will be undefined. The competition coordinator will assign your competition level based on your past competitions at NAPfS. If you are new to NAPfS, your competition level will probably be set to “basic”. If you wish to be in another class, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the competition coordinator.
The new website contains many Visual Pursuits videos to show you how to do almost anything on the new site. The videos are available from the menu at “Help > Videos”.
Upload your photos
You can upload any photo that you like to your account. Follow these steps to do this:
- From the menu, select “My Account”, then “My Image Library”.
- Select “Upload Images”
- Select “Select”
- Select your images and press the “Save Images and Proceed to Edit Page”.
Keep in mind that you always control your own photos, unlike the old NAPfS website. This means that no one else should upload your photos. The Visual Pursuits website does not allow duplicate photos to be uploaded.
Submit your images to the NAPfS Competition
To submit your images to a competition, follow these steps:
- From the menu, select “Competitions”, then “Submit Images to a Competition”.
- At the bottom of the page is a table with the competition(s) that you can enter. We expect that, for each month, you should enter two competitions: one which will judge and critique your entries, and the other which is a “people’s choice” vote where all club members can vote on their favorites.
- You can even delete or change your entries up to the competition deadline. You totally control how your photos are used.
See the Competition Results
The Visual Pursuits website can easily create galleries from the winning photos. In addition, galleries and competitions can be combined. For example, we can create a gallery for the December “Critic’s Choice” and “People’s Choice” awards and can create a competition whereby all members can vote for their people’s choices. There are many different voting options, so we’ll choose an appropriate one for that competition. For example, each person can give each photo a rating (number, stars, or yes’no), and the results will be averaged to determine the winning photo.
File Naming Format
Please name your files with the photo’s title. Do not put your name into the title.