February 2020 Digital Competition
Images submitted to the competition must have been taken within the last two years.
The decision for the method of submitting and judging the competition will be decided in mid-January. So check back here for the latest information. The submission form has been temporarily removed from this page until these decisions are made.
You may have heard that our club is testing out a new website which includes a new streamlined process for photo competitions. We ask that you help us evaluate the new website and its function by registering as a club member at napfs.visualpursuits.com. Please create an account with a Username and Password. The club will validate your membership with an email soon afterward and will assign you to a competition level (basic, intermediate, advanced) based on your previous entries. If you are new to competition, we will assign you to the basic level, unless you request to be in a higher level be emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you are notified of validation, please log in to the new club website again and go to the Competition tab. Here you can select Submit Images to a Competition and follow the instructions. Your entries will now be placed in the new judging system that we are testing alongside our old process. Thank you for participating. The new website offers the club many improvements over our old process and we hope that you will agree.
For the February, 2020 competition, we may either switch over to the new website or continue using using two different judging methods which will require you to enter your competition photos in two different places.
- The first place is the current method; i.e. the form on this page.
- The second method is a new website that we are currently testing: http://napfs.visualpursuits.com . This new site requires that you create an account and submit your images there. A new account is easy to create and is free for you (the club pays for the website). To get more information on the new site and how to use it for competition, see https://napfs.club/competitions/joining-napfs-virtual-pursuits/. If you plan to enter the February competition or want to see the results of the competition, please go to this website to learn how to join the Virtual Pursuits service.
Submission Deadline: Midnight Saturday, February 1, 2020
For full rules, see the Competition Rules.
Pick a competition class. See this post for more information. If in doubt, pick Class 1 – Novice.
- You must be a paid member in 2020 prior to submitting. Join or Renew here.
- Maximum 2 images per Club Member each month.
- No more than 2 years old on competition night (except for oldies competitions).
- You may not submit images that have previously won an award in club competition. You may resubmit images that have not won previously.
- If you can’t do it with this form in one go, you are probably trying to do something not allowed.
- Lastly, If you don’t receive a confirmation email within one hour, there’s either something hinky with your submission or it has been marked as spam. Let us know you’re having problems @ Web@NAPfS.club. Before reporting a problem, please check your “spam” folder to make sure it wasn’t reported as spam. If your email program has a spam filter, be sure to allow email from the addresses shown below. The procedure for adding these addresses as contacts or filters to gmail can be seem by clicking here.
And, from our Competition Rules page:
- Less than 4 megabytes (MB) file size
- Recommended Bounding Box: 3840 x 2160
- File Format: JPG
- Color Profile: sRGB
- No Borders or Watermarks
- File name must be “Title-Photographer’s Name.jpg” (see the next paragraph or the “Competition Rules” page)
File Naming Format
The file names for submitted photos must adhere to the following format: title, hyphen, and photographer’s name.
“Sunrise over the Ocean-Jane Doe.jpg”
It is important that the file name contain one and only one hyphen separating the title from the photographer’s name.
Submit Your Entries
(Temporarily removed form 15)
Having issues? If you have difficulties submitting your image(s) or questions, email email@example.com. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit. Images must be in by the posted submission deadline regardless of any technical difficulties.