February 2020 Digital Competition
Any photo on any theme is allowed, but the entries must have been taken within 2 years of the competition judging.
Submission Deadline: Midnight Saturday, February 1, 2020
Judging Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at our 1st Thursday club meeting at 7:00 PM CST.
For full rules, see the Competition Rules.
- You must be a paid member in 2020 prior to submitting. Join or Renew here.
- Maximum 2 images per Club Member each month.
- No more than 2 years old on competition night (except for oldies competitions).
- You may not submit images that have previously won an award in club competition. You may resubmit images that have not won previously.
And, from our Competition Rules page:
- Less than 4 megabytes (MB) file size
- Recommended Bounding Box: 3840 x 2160
- File Format: JPG
- Color Profile: sRGB
- No Borders or Watermarks
- File name must be “Title-Photographer’s Name.jpg” (see the next paragraph or the “Competition Rules” page)
New Submission Procedure for 2020
For the February, 2020 competition, the submission process is changing drastically. If it works out, we may continue to use this submission process.
To submit an image, go to http://napfs.visualpursuits.com/Default.aspx.
The competition is being handled by the “Virtual Pursuits” website. They have many videos on using their service at https://www.visualpursuits.com/Default.aspx
Create a virtual pursuits account
Before submitting a photo, you must have a virtualpursuits account and you must be a member of napfs on the virtualpursuits.com website. Once you have an account, you control all your photos. You can upload your photo to the website, edit them, submit them to competitions, create galleries, and even delete them.
To get an account (it is free), do the following:
- Go to http://napfs.visualpursuits.com/Default.aspx
- Press the “Login” button on the upper right.
- Scroll down to the area labeled “Create an Account”
- Click on “Membership Information and Membership Request”/
- In the “Create and Account” area, click on “Create a new User Account”. You can watch the video first if you like.
- Select a login name and click “Next”.
- Enter your information.
- Request membership in the North Austin Pfotographic Society.
- Your membership will be granted as soon as one of the administrators sees the request. Usually, this is fairly quick.
Upload your photos
You can upload any photo that you like to your account. Follow these steps to do this:
- From the menu, select “My Account”, then “My Image Library”.
- Select “Upload Images”
- Select “Select”
- Select your images and press the “Save Images and Proceed to Edit Page”.
Submit your images to the NAPfS Competition
To submit your images to a competition, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you are in the competition level in which you wish to compete. You can see your competition levels from the menu “My Account > My Competition Levels”. The competition levels are controlled by the competition coordinator (Mark Laussade). If you are in the wrong level, please contact Mark and ask him to change your level.
- From the menu, select “Competitions”, then “Submit Images to a Competition”.
- At the bottom of the page is a table with the competition(s) that you can enter. Select the proper competition and enter your photos from your photo library.
File Naming Format
Please name your files with the photo’s title. Do not put your name into the title – it will be automatically added later by the competition software. This is a change from the 2019 file naming rules.
Once the submission deadline has passed, the competition coordinator will open the voting process for “people’s choice”. Any member can vote on the competition photos regardless of whether he/she submitted any photos.
Having issues? If you have difficulties submitting your image(s) or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit. Images must be in by the posted submission deadline regardless of any technical difficulties.