Articles of Association and ByLaws
ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be North Austin Pfotographic Society.
Section B: National Affiliation – Not Applicable
Section C: Purpose – The purpose of this club shall be:
- To be a Not-For-Profit hobby club.
- To create an active community of photographers and photography enthusiasts.
- To facilitate regular meetings with educational, inspirational and motivational content.
- To work to create opportunities for club members to make and exhibit photographs digitally, in print and in other forms.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility – Membership shall be open to photographers and photography enthusiasts desiring to attend photography related meetings, educational programs or other events in the North Austin metropolitan and surrounding areas and upon payment of the dues as outlined in Section B.
Section B: Dues – Dues shall be $24 per year or another amount set by the Executive Committee and publicly listed on the club website and membership material prior to the start of the year. The Executive Committee, in setting the dues, may at its discretion, choose to institute tiers of membership, discounts for certain groups (e.g. veterans) or other non-flat dues schedules.
Section C: Extra Dues, Donations, Etc – Club members may choose to pay dues in excess of the Dues amount as determined according to Section B. Such extra dues do NOT entitle the member to additional benefits above or beyond other members. Extra Dues or Donations allow the club more financial resources to carry out its purpose as listed in Article I, Section C.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers – The officers shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Competition Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Marketing & PR Coordinator.
Section B: Eligibility – Officers must be members of the club in good standing.
Section C: Election – The officers shall be elected by ballot no earlier than October 1st and no later than December 31st of the year prior to the term of service by a majority of the vote cast for that office. The election date will be determined by the Executive Committee and announced no less than 15 days prior.
Section D: Term – The officers shall serve for one calendar year starting on January 1st and ending on December 31st.
Section E: Vacancy – If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice-President shall assume the office for the remainder of the term and vacancies in any other office shall be filled by a special election.
Section F: Multiple Seats – An individual may occupy multiple offices simultaneously provided there are at least 3 distinct officers total.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President – it shall be the duty of the President to:
- Preside at meetings of the general membership
- Preside at executive committee meetings and shall vote only in case of a tie
- Represent the club
- Appoint committee chairpersons as needed to carry out club activities designated by the executive committee.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
Section B: Vice-President – It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to:
- Preside in the absence of the President
- Complete other duties as assigned by the President.
Section C: Secretary – It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
- Record the minutes of all executive committee meetings
- Keep a file of the club’s records
- Maintain a current roster of membership
- Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
Section D: Treasurer – It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
- Receive all funds and process Request for Payment, Deposit Slip, and Officer Signature Forms.
- Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as directed
- To the best of his ability, ensure all required tax documents are filed as required
Section E: Competition Coordinator – It shall be the duty of the Competition Coordinator to:
- To facilitate the clubs photography competitions and shows at the direction of the executive committee.
Section F: Program Coordinator – It shall be the duty of the Program Coordinator to:
- To facilitate the clubs programs for the general membership at the direction of the executive committee.
Section G: Marketing & PR Coordinator – It shall be the duty of the Marketing & PR Coordinator to:
- To facilitate the clubs marketing and public relations efforts at the direction of the executive committee.
ARTICLE V: EXECUTIVE COMITTEE MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held quarterly.
Section B: Special Meeting – Special meetings may be called by any member of the Executive Committee.
Section C: Quorum – A quorum shall consist of two-thirds of the elected officers persons acknowledging that a single person may fill multiple offices simultaneously. Each person holding an office may vote only one regardless of whether they hold multiple offices.
Section D: Parliamentary Authority – Meetings will be conducted in a civil fashion. Any executive Committee member can choose to invoke Robert’s Rules of Orders if needed and for the remaining duration of the meeting, they shall govern this club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws.
ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section A: Responsibility – Management of this club shall be vested in the Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws.
Section B: Membership – This committee shall consist of the officers as listed in Article III.
Section C: Meetings – This committee shall meet or communicate through any means convenient (e.g. in person, phone, slack, etc) between regular member meetings of the club to organize and plan future activities.
ARTICLE VII: COMMITTEES
Section A: Special Committees – The President shall have the authority to appoint any special committees, with the approval of the Executive Committee, from time to time as need demands.
ARTICLE VIII: AMENDMENTS
Section A: Selection – these bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the club membership. Voting may be conducted online.
Section B: Notice – All members shall receive advance notice of the proposed amendment at least five days before the vote.