April’s North Austin Pƒotographic Society photo competition was open themed and judged by our speaker for the evening, George Brainard.
We had 23 Class 1 entries with 6 awards (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 3 honorable mentions).
1st – Galveston Tern by Ken Brennan
2nd – Curves in the Dunes by Shawn Hutcherson
3rd – Battleship Wisconsin by Shawn Hutcherson
Honorable Mention – Balcony Life by Cynthia Stein
Honorable Mention – Schwabacker’s Landing by Jerry Zerbst
Honorable Mention – Georgetown Bluebird by Ken Brennan
We had 13 Class 2 entries with 3 awards (1st, 2nd, and 3rd).
1st – Tracks in the Sands by Andrew Fritz
2nd – Desert Queen by Josh Baker
3rd – Boxcar Girl by Josh Baker
The Pflugerville library has asked the club to organize a photography show to be displayed at the main Pflugerville Library from November 18th, 2016 until January 20th, 2017. Photos will hang in the main entry way and adjoining conference room. Entry is free, but photographers must live in the North Austin area.
- All photos must be suitable for all ages in a public setting. No nudity in photos is permitted. Images depicting violence or other non-PG topics may also be excluded. The final decision rests with the library in any case and their decisions are final.
- Photos must hang for the entire show period (11/18/2016 – 1/20/2017). All work must be hung on November 18th, 2016 and no works may be removed before tear down on January 20th, 2017 for any reason.
- Each photographer is limited to a maximum of 5 photos.
- All photos must be at least 8×10. This dimension does not include the matte or frame. The libaray has space for large works (up to 4′ wide) however, only a small number of such larger works can be accommodated.
- Sale of displayed photos is permitted. The Pflugerville library can not and will not facilitate sales. However, photographer can include prices and contact information with their work and handle the transaction directly. Also, remember that no works may be removed prior to 1/20/2017 regardless of any sale.
- Photos must be delivered and hung on 11/18/2016. The library uses a wire based system. Traditional hanging wire on the back of frames works best. Saw tooth hangers do not work well. Photographers are responsible of preparing and hanging their own work.
- Photographers may submit up to 5 photos. Each photographer may submit up to 5 photos.
- Submit only your own work. Third parties may not submit photos from other photographers.
- Photographers submitting their work are solely responsible for it. The Pflugerville Library and NAPfS take no responsibility for damage that may occur to the prints or mounting. Remember, this is a show in a very public space.
- Submission deadline is 10/2/2016.
- Photographers will be notified of acceptance of their work no later than 10/6/2016.
Submissions are now closed. Please stay tuned for information about acceptance of your images and for hanging details.